Is a camel the only way to get to the luxury desert camp in Merzouga on the Moro

Community Forums General Is a camel the only way to get to the luxury desert camp in Merzouga on the Moro

General questions and discussions about Club Adventures products, destinations and operations.
  • Author
    jess35
    Hannah

Is a camel the only way to get to the luxury desert camp in Merzouga on the Morocco trip?

slorenzana
    slorenzana
    Participant

Hi Hannah,

I was on the Morocco FAM and we actually had drivers take us in 4×4’s to the luxury desert camp. The camels picked us up in the morning for a ride on the sand dunes to see the sunrise, and then they dropped us back off at the camp about an hour and a half later. We took the 4×4’s again when leaving the camp.

Steven

clucsky
    clucsky
    Participant

The camel ride was an amazing experience. Even travelers who were reluctant to ride the camels initially loved this experience. It is a must do! The 4×4’s in the Sahara were so much fun.

JanWestercamp
    JanWestercamp
    Participant

What type of food did you have to eat that night in the camp?

slorenzana
    slorenzana
    Participant

Jan, I believe it was a chicken Tagine we had in the luxury camp. This is what we had as a meal at most of the places where meals were provided for us, as they are a a very traditional meal to feed guests. Keep in mind that this is a luxury camp – so we also had an appetizer (which consisted of like 20 plates of all different foods that we each picked and served ourselves from), a full fruit spread for dessert, and a variety of sodas and juices that were available for purchase (cash only). Water bottles were plentiful (and included) as was mint tea after the meal was done.

clucsky
    clucsky
    Participant

You have several courses with every meal and most of them are served family style. You start with several small dishes and bread. The small dishes are usually carrots, cauliflower, beets, olives, eggplant, beans, etc. We also had soup. The main course was chicken tagine, beef tagine and couscous. Desert was clementines and pomegranates. You could purchase a soda if you wanted one. I loved the beef tagine!

clucsky
    clucsky
    Participant

Here are some photos of the food we at the desert camp as well as the camels. It exceeded my expectations. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.