JORDAN SLEEPING IN THE DESERT

Community Forums General JORDAN SLEEPING IN THE DESERT

General questions and discussions about Club Adventures products, destinations and operations.
  • Author
    gpessano
    gpessano
    Participant

Is it safe to sleep in the desert? What about scorpions and snakes?

clucsky
    clucsky
    Participant

The Morocco desert camp tent had a door that closed to keep creatures out. We did have an option to sleep under the stars but I would opt for the tent if you are worried about the creatures.

JanWestercamp
    JanWestercamp
    Participant

So Clucsky did your Morocco desert camp tent also have a toilet or was that a separate tent and if so how far away and was it well lit?

clucsky
    clucsky
    Participant

Each of our tents had a small bathroom area right in it. It was well lit and had a real toilet, sink, shower and a space to change clothing. It was separated from the rest of the tent by a curtain.

jcedrone
    jcedrone
    Participant

I just came back myself from the Club Adventures, Treasures of Jordan, tour and I have to say the Quiet Village Camp in Wadi Rum was great.  There were real beds in the tent with tiled floors and very clean.  There are no bathrooms in the tents themselves but the bathroom is a short walk from the tent.  Give me your email and I’ll send you photos of the Bedouin camp in Jordan where I stayed.

clucsky
    clucsky
    Participant

I’m glad to heat that you liked them. I would love to see it! My email address is clucsky@aaanortheast.com .  I tried to post photos of my tent here but have been having issues. Give me your address and I will forward photos of the camp in Morocco as well.

JanWestercamp
    JanWestercamp
    Participant

I just applied for the Jordan FAM so hopefully, I will get on it.  My email is jan.westercamp@mn-ia.aaa.com if you jcedrone and clucsky want to forward any photos I would appreciate it.  Thanks!

clucsky
    clucsky
    Participant

Good luck with your FAM application. I would be happy to send you some photos. The Moroccan Desert camp is definitely more deluxe.

jcedrone
    jcedrone
    Participant

Yes, good luck with your FAM application.  Be prepared to do a lot of walking in Petra.  I must have walked at least 7 miles the first day in Petra between the tour and Petra at night.  The camel ride was a lot of fun in Wadi Rum.  I’ll try to send you some photos of my trip.

clucsky
    clucsky
    Participant

Attached are some pictures from the Deluxe Desert Camp in Morocco. It was amazing!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jcedrone
    jcedrone
    Participant

Hope this works.  Highlight of the trip was Petra!

JanWestercamp
    JanWestercamp
    Participant

Unfortunately, the Jordan FAM was full so I might have to just book myself on a regular departure.  I don’t see your photos jcedrone.  I would love to see them especially Petra.  I’m sure that was the highlight and to see it at night would be great.  I did the pyramids during the day but also the Light and Sound show at night when I visited Egypt and that was amazing.  If you could try to email them to me at jan.westercamp@mn-ia.aaa.com that would be nice.  Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.